My Photo
Name:

My home is in Chamberlains, CBS, Newfoundland: a place close enough to sea so that I can go there to watch the glorious sunsets over the bay, and the other infinite variety of sights and sounds that are forever changing, yet forever the same. I'm not as young as I used to be and don't get around much any more, but I've had many wonderful hours of enjoyment with my Yasihca 44 TLR and trusty old OM-2. I've always enjoyed photographing wild flowers, particularly the smaller ones, many of which , albeit mostly overlooked and dismissed as weeds, are exquisitely beautiful. Digital photography, complete with all the magic of its own portable darkroom, has brought a new dimension to the hobby. My OM-2 is retired now, but it is such a beautiful instrument, such a joy to hold and behold, that I don't think I will ever want to part with it. My digital, used mostly, is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30. Its 35-420 mm Leica zoom lens can really reach out for those hard to reach shots. My photographs are strictly amateurish, but hopefully some have succeeded in capturing something of the moment that inspired them.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010



THE EVE OF ALL FOOLS DAY.

.Confederation might have been a good thing, perhaps inevitable, had the union been conducted in an honourable manner. Instead we were conned into signing away our independence and our land subsequently gang raped: an obscenity still continuing. Forget it ,some tell me ,and get on with my life, but history does not work that way. What goes around, comes around. There is no fairness or equality in this equation, nor has there ever been. Imagine a bunch of ding-bat blue-collared bureaucrats on the RIideau telling our fishermen what they can catch and when and where they can catch it. It must be infuriating! Fishing is not a job, it is a way of life, it is who we are. Some who forget Bell Island, Buchans and St. Lawrence foolishly believe that the oil will run on forever and ever. Even that, except for some scraps ,was taken away from us.




Site Meter

2 Comments:

Blogger David c.h. Brown said...

Amen to that Lloyd! A good day to wear a black armband.......Dave

7:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lloyd,

Your photographs are great, and I enjoyed them. However, I ran across your blog while searching for information on make and break engines. I've just bought one and would love to correspond with your friend Max who appears to be an expert. If he'd like to contact me I'm at jas_orr@yahoo.com
In any case, keep up blogging, I'll be checking in again from time to time.
Jamie

12:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home