My Photo
Name:

My home is in Chamberlains, CBS, Newfoundland: a place close enough to sea so that I can go there to watch the glorious sunsets over the bay, and the other infinite variety of sights and sounds that are forever changing, yet forever the same. I'm not as young as I used to be and don't get around much any more, but I've had many wonderful hours of enjoyment with my Yasihca 44 TLR and trusty old OM-2. I've always enjoyed photographing wild flowers, particularly the smaller ones, many of which , albeit mostly overlooked and dismissed as weeds, are exquisitely beautiful. Digital photography, complete with all the magic of its own portable darkroom, has brought a new dimension to the hobby. My OM-2 is retired now, but it is such a beautiful instrument, such a joy to hold and behold, that I don't think I will ever want to part with it. My digital, used mostly, is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30. Its 35-420 mm Leica zoom lens can really reach out for those hard to reach shots. My photographs are strictly amateurish, but hopefully some have succeeded in capturing something of the moment that inspired them.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009


YELLOW GOAT'S-BEARD.
.
The wayside is suddenly aflush with those little flowers that , from the distance, look like dandelions . Stubborn, like the Asters, they refuse to admit that summer is over.



Site Meter

5 Comments:

Blogger Cate and David said...

A cheery flower! Nice photo, crisp and clean with a great use of depth of field. Alas, whether they admit it or not I think summer is over..... even here in the Okanagan. Dave

1:49:00 AM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

Thanks, Kate and David!

Opportunities for photos are slim pickings when one is pretty well housebound.
These were brought to me and I photographed them on my windowsill.

4:44:00 PM  
Blogger Cate and David said...

I hope people bring you more thing to photograph...you do it so well. I also hope that you are soon able to get out and about more....... Dave

10:01:00 PM  
Blogger David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Lloyd,
Lovely shot of this flower. I had no idea that you were having difficulties, and almost housebound. Your photos were such that it appeared that you were very active still. Hopefully things will improve for you soon. I admire your determination to produce beauty under
trying circumstances. Great spirit! Thanks, Dave

1:39:00 AM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

Thanks David, Cate and David for your compliments and good wishes. I'm hoping to get out to catch some of the aurumn colours before it's all over.

3:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home