My Photo
Name:

My home is in Chamberlains, CBS, Newfoundland: a place close enough to sea so that I can go there to watch the glorious sunsets over the bay, and the other infinite variety of sights and sounds that are forever changing, yet forever the same. I'm not as young as I used to be and don't get around much any more, but I've had many wonderful hours of enjoyment with my Yasihca 44 TLR and trusty old OM-2. I've always enjoyed photographing wild flowers, particularly the smaller ones, many of which , albeit mostly overlooked and dismissed as weeds, are exquisitely beautiful. Digital photography, complete with all the magic of its own portable darkroom, has brought a new dimension to the hobby. My OM-2 is retired now, but it is such a beautiful instrument, such a joy to hold and behold, that I don't think I will ever want to part with it. My digital, used mostly, is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30. Its 35-420 mm Leica zoom lens can really reach out for those hard to reach shots. My photographs are strictly amateurish, but hopefully some have succeeded in capturing something of the moment that inspired them.

Sunday, June 01, 2008


A VERY BUSY JAPANESE FISHING PORT.
Actually, this is Long Pond, CBS. Photos taken May 31. Not a Newfoundland fishing boat in sight.


Site Meter

4 Comments:

Blogger David c.h. Brown said...

Hi lloyd,
What a statement you have made with this series of postings today.
It's enough to bring tears to your eyes. Are we older fellas the only ones who notice these things and feel this way? Dave

11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

Thanks, Dave! I'm glad to know that this did not go over the head of everyone.

12:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lloyd, It amazes me that a Japanese trawler can come 10,000 miles and be permitted to catch turbot on our adjacent gorunds, process it and tranship to Japan while Marystown plant is idle most of the time and workers cant get enough work to feed their familes.There is no doubt our political, union and municipal leaders have all jumped on the oil and gas wagon
Gus

9:36:00 PM  
Blogger NL-ExPatriate said...

No national political party will ever address this or any other issue concerning NL's resources as long as it is in the best interest of the majority of canadians and by extension due to or systemically flawed political system of democratic discrimination against the minority provinces by the national parties in favor of the majority provinces to get elected the national parties best interest.

Any national party representative you elect will continue to have to toe the national party line of doing what's in the best interest of the majority of canadians to get the national party elected.

I heard a senate committee actually advocate that the Flemish cap isn't even a part of our continental shelf because it is only silt.

www.nlfirst.ca

Equality or exit!

4:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home